So tonight we had swimming lessons for Carsen! Our son has been deathly afraid of water his whole life....just 4 measly years! He only will go in the water in the bathtub or right along the edge of a pool or in the most shallow part of a lake and then it takes us some coaxing and about 20 minutes to get a toe in! So, I thought to myself, " self, why is it that Carsen is so afraid of water?". Then it dawned on me...maybe it was that fact that his PARENTS were making him do the things!! So, I stuck him in a class by himself so he couldn't kick and scream at us! Tonight, he floated on his back, jumped in the water..with his teacher to catch him, of course...and floated on his stomach (head above water, mind you) and dipped his chin in! As I watched this, I had a little tear in my eye thinking to myself that my baby is growing up and doesn't need his mom anymore! Makes me want to have another one and then I think about last night and all the nights since June 3rd with getting up with Allysen at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning and then that itch goes away! I love my kids!
Have a great Day everyone!

1 comment:
Hey, Carsen and I have something in common! I was afraid of the water until 5th Grade!!! You're doing great Carsen!! Good for you!
Post a Comment